Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Birthday J Dilla

On the 10th it will have been 2 years since J Dilla passed away. Dilla is one of my favorite producers of all time, and his music never seems to lose that spark it had when I first heard it. Today is Dilla's birthday, if you have never heard his work, give yourself a present and check some out.
Grab the Thank you Jay Dee Act 3 Podcast on itunes. Over an hour of Dilla classics.

Some standout dilla tracks...

A Tribe Called Quest-1nce again


This song changed how I thought about hip hop. 1996. I didn't even know what a producer was then. 10 years later I realized Dilla did the beat.

J Dilla - Nothing Like This

When I first heard this song I wasn't sure what to think. A bit different, but the video is great.

J Dilla - Won't Do

Classic Dilla style and swagger. Posthumous video featuring his brother.

Highlights from Donuts

10 Minutes of Donuts, if these don't get your head nodding I don't know what will.

No comments: