Monday, February 25, 2008

Popsicle Review: Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel



Well, I finally had a chance to fully listen and digest Bradford Cox's latest release under his solo moniker, Atlas Sound. I didn't have much solo-Bradford experience beyond a cover of Grizzly Bear's "Knife" (Which I didn't quite get) and a few singles here and there. To put it bluntly, I've never been very impressed. Which is why this record absolutely blew me away. Each song has its own unique charm as well as a very prsonal aspect. One song is about a girl who Cox proposed to (in 5th grade), another is about a death in his family that hit him hard, and there is even one inspired by bite marks left after a homosexual make out session. The only negative aspect of it was the dreamy, atmospheric texture seemed to shroud Cox's melodies. But when you step back and look at this album as a whole or peer into the minutae of synths and fuzzy guitar you will not be dissappointed.

No comments: